Pages

Friday, June 19, 2015

Friday Faves: Irish Dancing

My first "real" post just happens to be on Friday Faves. This week, I have been trying to get prepared to start dancing again. So, I figured why not dedicate this week's Friday Faves to Irish Dance?

I started Irish Dancing when I was 9. I began competing a year later in May 2006.

My first feis. A 1st, a 2nd, and two 3rds!

Irish Dancing has always been a huge passion of mine. The music, the training, making friends, etc. I unfortunately had to stop dancing to to injury in high school, but the passion stayed with me.

Irish Dancers train usually two days a week for 2-3 hours in a class setting with other girls and sometimes boys. However, their training doesn't stop there. Many advanced dancers will practice an additional 1-2 hours daily in their own homes.  Below are some of my practice sessions in my dorm.



I'm one of those crazy girls who can watch Jig (an Irish dance documentary) over and over again or listen to a 10 minute dance song while driving in my car. I love Irish dance, and I am so glad it will always be a part of my life.



Do you enjoy dance?

No comments:

Post a Comment