Pages

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Marble

Last summer before returning to school, I bought myself a red Betta fish named Elmo. About a month into the semester he got really sick and passed away while I was away for the weekend. My roommate thought she killed him and felt horrible, but I knew he was dying anyway. I thought about getting another fish shortly after Elmo's passing, but I just didn't have the time to go get another fish from PetSmart. 

This entire summer I kept telling myself I would go buy a new fish. Well, I finally bought myself one yesterday. I always have a hard time choosing a Betta because their moods in the cup could either show how they will be at home, or be the complete opposite. There were a lot with fin rot, which is what killed Elmo, and I really didn't want to deal with that again. 

I finally came across this beautiful blue and green Betta that had healthy scales and fins. He reacted when I placed my finger on his cup, which eased my nerves about bringing home another sick fish. I decided he was the one and checked out.

When I got home, I set him up and he enjoyed exploring. I was looking up names until I heard one that I knew suited him. I came across Marble and instantly knew it would be his name. I hesitated between Marble or Marbles, but in the end decided on Marble. 

He is settling in well and I can't wait to take care of him for hopefully a few years!

{Marble}

{Elmo}

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mak!
    I enjoy reading your blog.I have nominated you for a Liebster Award. Here is my blog post with all the details.
    http://mypinkrambles.com/2015/09/26/liebster-award-nomination/
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete