Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Father's Day 2015

Nineteen years ago my dad celebrated his first Father's Day. I was 8 months old. Even though he wasn't involved in my life for the first couple years, he was still my father. Times were rough when he started coming around again. My parents eventually got back together, my dad moved in, and finally they got married. My dad and I fought a lot. Usually daily. 

But by my junior year of high school, something changed. We started getting a long. We talked, not yelled. More "I love you"s were being said. We were actually happy.

My dad and I still don't always see eye to eye, but we make it work. I love him and he loves me. I know he will always have my back. 


To celebrate Father's Day, we headed to Tannersville, PA to go to the Outlets so my dad could get some new shoes. I ended up getting a cute tank top and my sister got a whole bunch of shorts. My dad wanted to then go check out Best Buy for a new phone case, so my mom went next door to Old Navy and Jaelyn and I went to PetsMart. We then headed back home and ate dinner at a local restaurant. After dinner, we went home and just relaxed.

It was slightly sad because we usually go to a mini-golf and fun center place kind of near our house. But because of all the rain, it didn't happen. But it wasn't my day and I think my dad enjoyed his day.


What do you usually do for Father's Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment