Pages

Friday, June 26, 2015

Oh Happy Day!


Today is a great day. The Supreme Court of the United States found bans on marriage equality to be unconstitutional—and that the fundamental right to marriage is a fundamental right for all. A 5-4 ruling. It could have gone the other way. But it didn't. 

For those who do not know, I am pansexual. Pansexuality is sexual attraction, romantic love, or emotional attraction toward people of any sex or gender identity. Pansexual people may refer to themselves as gender-blind, asserting that gender and sex are insignificant or irrelevant in determining whether they will be sexually attracted to others. 

I found out about my sexuality when I was a sophomore in high school. I started to have these unexplained feelings for this girl in chorus. She was funny and her smile was perfection. Since we had mutual friends, we started talking. She always used to say that I liked her and I would follow up with, "I'm not gay!". Little did I know at this point, there wasn't just gay and straight. 

We started hanging out and before I knew it we started dating. She was the first person I ever made out with and actually enjoyed it. In August, we broke up as she was moving away for college and she didn't think I could handle the distance. 

We had a huge fight and stopped talking. The next year, a freshman girl walked into the chorus room. I didn't really have feelings for her in the beginning, but within a month I also liked her. We started dating in October 2011 and were on and and off until about February of my senior year. She always said I was the only person she could have seen marrying. 

In June of 2013, I got a text from my first girlfriend. We hadn't talked in almost 2 years. We hit it off and in July started dating again. I moved in with her in January and things were going well. I bought her a promise ring for our 6 months and told her that if 6 months later we were still going strong, we could talk about changing that promise to an engagement. Well, just 2 months later, we had a huge fight and I moved out. We haven't talked since.

My second girlfriend is now a transgendered male. I am proud of him and support him either way. 

I like boys. I like girls. 

Love is love. It has no gender. 

Thank you Supreme Court for agreeing same-sex marriage is constitutional. I am free to marry who I love, no matter where I may live!


No comments:

Post a Comment